Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year! I had a quiet evening at home, worrying (what, who me?) about my kids driving around last night and making good choices. The Walking Dead was on and everyone came home safe and sound. Sounds like a perfect way to start 2014!

How is your resolution going? I am a strong believer that you don't need to flip a calendar to start your goal (that is what Monday is for- JUST KIDDING), but if that is what it takes for you to start fresh, then go for it! These two motivational quotes are for you!






Yesterday I wrote a very lengthy post about my resolution, which was to be more proactive about my health stuff. I was reading the latest issue of Health magazine, and they actually suggested having a binder with all your medical documents. I really like this idea, rather than my messy folder, and I have some extra binders in my basement, so I think I am going to do this! Scratch that. I am going to do this!

Oh, the snack I tried yesterday ended up being a chia pudding with bananas. If you have never tried chia pudding, it sounds gross and looks gross, but with the right fruit, it is delicious. I use sweetened vanilla almond milk to make it creamier. It just needs to be made a few hours, or ideally overnight, in advance and kept in the fridge. I often make a few batches and keep them in ziplock containers so they are ready to eat.

This morning I am taking a spin class. It has been a while since I have taken this class, even though I vowed to take it once a week, but as you know, life got in the way. So, I am ready for a tough morning. But look at that side profile picture! That will be in the back of my head the whole class. How is that for motivation? I have on my Lululemon wunder under crops and the recently released Scoop neck tank in brisk bloom. No luon light here :) The idea of taking off a sweaty tank and a sweaty bra after this class is too much of a workout for me, so this is a good choice. Have a super day!



No comments:

Post a Comment