Friday, January 24, 2014

Am I the only person who doesn't love kale?

I have tried and tried.

I know all the reasons to include it in my diet.



I have tried to make kale chips and they just got all dried out. Every time. One second it was raw looking and then it was burnt. This stuff is too expensive to throw out.

Now I am drinking a smoothie that I found in Self magazine. It includes plain greek yogurt, mango, strawberry, oats and kale. I just had to add a whole packet of truvia because it was awful (although if you have been reading this blog long enough you probably realize that I like things sweet). It was really bitter. I am used to putting spinach in my smoothies and I don't even taste that. This is like making myself take awful medicine.

Help. I have a whole bag of baby kale and don't know what to do with it! What are your favorite recipes? I guess I am going to have to spend some time on Pinterest! Please share!

Before I forget about today's workout, I did the new Group Power release this morning and overall, I think I liked it. I didn't care for the track with all the side lunges. I miss the crouch! I also didn't love the tricep track. I think for so many women, myself included, it is too easy to use your shoulders during tricep pushups, so I didn't feel like they got isolated. Otherwise, it was good and my muscles were fatigued! I'm so glad I went!

Stay worm and eat kale!




No comments:

Post a Comment