Saturday, January 25, 2014

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara


It turns out my Neiman Marcus didn't carry Giorgio Armani, but Nordstrom did. A very lovely girl (sorry I can't remember your name) helped me pick out a whole bunch of makeup, including foundation and lipstick, which I will review soon. I also bought Eyes to Kill Mascara. Do you know this mascara has a 100 reviews on Nordstrom website, with an average rating of 4.6. Yikes. It was calling my name....

My daughter can put any mascara on and it stays on and it looks fabulous. Is that because she is 16? I am not so fortunate, and I feel like I am perpetually looking for a good mascara (along with eyeliner. I know I have written a lot about my adventures). I feel like I have gone through every drugstore mascara and tons of mascaras at Sephora and Nordstrom. You name it, I have tried it. Lancome, Dior, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, YSL, cover girl, maybelline. So when I say that I would pay any amount of money to find a mascara that works, I am not kidding at all. 

Last year, I finally found one that I liked--  Guerlain Maxi Lash mascara (in the gold tube). It stayed on me well! It also has a 4.6 rating on Nordstrom. It was good enough that I went through a tube and bought a second, which I don't think I have ever done.  You know what, I think Eyes to Kill might be a little bit better. I'm not sure. I think I will do a test and put one on each eye tomorrow and see which one has better staying power. 

Here's a question for you: do you ever wear mascara to the gym? I am so tempted, because my lashes are light and stubby and mascara makes such a big difference, but no one does at my gym. Usually after I go work out, I go do a million errands in my sweaty clothes, so a little mascara would actually make me look presentable instead of scary. But, oh well. 

Do you have a favorite mascara? And please don't tell me that a $6 drugstore mascara works for you, I'll be so jealous. Do you have any tricks to make it stay all day or is that a silly idea.








No comments:

Post a Comment