Monday, June 3, 2013

Turkey Meatballs For Dinner: The Only Way to Make It Through a Monday



This is one of my favorite recipes and is one that both my kids love and continue to ask for year after year. If you knew my kids, you would be very impressed and running to the grocery store to buy the ingredients. It is very easy and based off a recipe by Giada de Laurentiis,  but I tweaked a few things and this is my version. Just as an aside, when I cook this recipe, I like to pull my v neck down so you can see my cleavage, say pecorino romano with an Italian accent that I don't have and pretend I'm on Food Network. That was mean. Sorry. 


Add together in a large bowl:

3 T ketchup
1 Egg
1/4 c plain breadcrumbs
1/2 c pecorino romano (NO SUBSTITUTIONS- I think this is the secret to my success)

Once this is mixed well, add in 20 oz ground turkey (I use Shady Brook Farms). Form into meatballs.

Get out a large pan and clean out the cat fur (how did that get there anyway?). Heat a pan with 1 T vegetable oil and cook meatballs, turning so that all sides get done. Remove from pan and blot, blot, blot with paper towels. Try to wait for them to cool before eating a few. Top with your favorite sauce. Serve with more pecorino romano. 

There is no picture, because I would never be able to do them justice. I found this on Pinterest and it made me laugh. Let me know what you think!

Funny-fitness-pictures-weight-loss.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment