Sunday, June 30, 2013

Global warming is wrecking havoc on my runs. Feeling hot, hot, hot.

Yes, let's blame global warming and not me. I finally got to go for my run at 10 am (good thing you are cute puppy because you have thrown off my sleep and schedules) and it was hotter than I thought. By the time I was 1.3 miles in, I knew I was doomed and started to turn around. At 1.5 miles, I just couldn't even get my feet to move, so I had to walk. I refused to call my son to come get me, so I  did finish, but it was extremely disappointing. It was just too humid for me and the sun was pounding and there was no breeze. I don't know how people run in the heat! I much rather run in the cold temperatures and layer up. So, I guess I'll be doing this inside until the weather breaks, in September. Ha. Whine, whine, whine.

Tonight's dinner is a new recipe from Fitness magazine that involves black beans, pickled jalapeƱos, corn tortillas and some other ingredients. Hope it is good-it was pretty easy to put together. And, at the risk of sounding like Oprah, sweet potatoes. I love them. If I don't serve them at dinner, I often eat them as a snack. There is nothing like summer fruit, though! I am envious of folks who have that all year round. While fruit like nectarines are often available all year, they are pricey.

I am not changing by goal of running twice a week, but I am modifiying it. I thought I would be able to do 5 miles outside, but when the weather is hot and humid, I can't be outside running for that long. I look like a tomato. So, inside I go. What are your tricks for making an inside run do-able? Help.

Tomorrow if the puppy is crashed and the stars are aligned, I'll go spin. But, since I have a sec since the puppy is sleeping now, I'm off to do abs. Pat on the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment