Monday, June 17, 2013

Motivation Mondays Number 1!

I think this will be an ongoing topic for Mondays, as they generally are the worst day of the week, right? I jumped up at 5 for no reason this morning. Maybe I was thinking about True Blood? Birds singing too loudly? I don't know, but I wasn't happy. Anyway....
imgres.jpg

Sometimes we overindulge or skip exercising over the weekend and need to get back on track. Sometimes the start of the workweek is overwhelming and we need to to make sure our head is in the right place. Sometimes we are just sleep deprived after sleeping in on a weekend. Whatever the cause, and there could be lots of them, Monday is the start of a new week and can be the start of something great. Really!


So for the next zillion Mondays, we can talk about what gets you going and what tricks work for me. I don't think you are going to hear anything that you haven't heard before, but we can all suffer together!


One of the big things that gets me motivated is new clothing. I hate to sound materialistic and it is certainly an expensive habit, but purchasing a new item of clothing makes me go workout. I think of all the money spent on that particular item and know I need to get my money's worth. That alone gets me out the door. Plus, if you are exercising a lot, clothes get worn out (right?) and need to be replaced. Now I'm not suggesting a new top every day, but maybe this is something to keep in mind as a splurge or as a goal achieved. Plus, as you keep working on goals, think about how fantastic a new top or a pair of crops will look. Smiling yet? I have a collection of Lululemon bangbusters, and before they made them reversible and raised the price, this is what I would pick up as a little pick me up. In fact, I have this very one! TJMaxx and Marshalls also have an excellent selection of gym clothes, reasonable priced. And I get just as happy with a new pair of Thorlo socks. It doesn't have to be a major investment. Something to think about!


Bang-Buster-Headband-Reversible.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment