Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fruit Salad to Die For. Kona Kase is here!

Last night was my work potluck.  Since I knew this was going to be a crazy weekend with lots of desserts and not a lot of exercising, I was very proud of myself for eating just 2 slices of my absolute favorite pizza. As usual, pizza and dessert were the first to go. BUT, one dish that everyone couldn't stop talking about and even going back for was a summer fruit salad with mint and sugar from Epicurious.com. The recipe as printed is as follows:


1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 lb blackberries, left whole, or 1 1/2 lb sweet cherries, pitted and halved
3 firm-ripe medium peaches or nectarines, halved lengthwise, pitted, and cut into 1/3-inch-thick wedges
1/2 lb seedless green grapes (1 1/2 cups), halved


Makes 6 servings. Pulse mint and sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Sprinkle mint sugar over fruit in a large bowl and toss gently to combine. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

She didn't use blackberries because they were not sweet. Honestly, I am more likely to eat any fruit salad when someone else cuts up all the fruit and serves to me. But, this was so delicious and so easy that I could see myself preparing this at home for me to eat. Plus, I have lots of mint growing in my garden. Apparently, groundhogs don't mind mint because I keep yanking it out. 

My scratchy throat turned into a full head cold. I'm NOT happy. My Kona Kase arrived yesterday and I threw some bars into my lunchbox. Can't wait to try them out! I'll be reviewing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment