Sunday, June 16, 2013

Tabata torture! Dr. Oz chai smoothie

Well I was right to be worried about Tabata. Note to self: don't run 5 miles the day before this class- you need your legs! I knew in the first few minutes that it was going to be ugly. There were a lot of awful exercises, but the one that got me was a jumping jack, and when you bring your legs together, you bring them right into a squat low enough that your hands can almost touch the ground. Then you explode up into the jumping jack part with your hands up. I don't know if I am explaining that well, but trust me, it was not fun. We had about 4 minutes of abs, which was okay, but then I realized when we had to do a zillion pushups, that my abs were too tired. It's amazing how much abs help out when you are doing pushups. The class is only 45 minutes and about 35 minutes into it I ran out of fuel. It is a fine line between eating enough to power through it and not throwing up. I don't ever want to do that. Next time I might have a few Gu chomps before class.

I'm also sorry to anyone I stood near in the food store! I decided to take a quick stop in since it was on the way home, but I'm sure I was pretty stinky despite wiping down and spritzing up in the car.

I found this Dr. Oz smoothie on blenderbabes.com and it was pretty good.



Ingredients
  • 1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of allspice
  • 2 tbsp almond or cashew butter
  • ¼ cup shredded coconut
  • 2 heaping tbsp plant-based protein powder (ideally vanilla flavor)
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
  • 1 cup Ice
Instructions
  1. Place all the ingredients into the jar in the order listed
  2. With a Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button
  3. With a Vitamix: Start on variable speed # 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10, then flip to high. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.

The only thing I did differently was I used So delicious vanilla coconut milk, which had 70 calories per cup, because that is what I had in the fridge. 


I forgot I took a picture of the yummy avocado snack I ate yesterday. Can't wait to eat it again today. First, I have to figure out what is for lunch!


 Ever watch Big Bang Theory, and hear Sheldon wax on about his favorite spot in the sofa? I might have to pull a Sheldon and get everything I need and not get up for an hour, or whole day. Good thing kids are busy today. Phone, water, remote, book, blanket, cat or two. Later!

Looking for more great snack ideas! Tell me yours!








No comments:

Post a Comment