I'm also sorry to anyone I stood near in the food store! I decided to take a quick stop in since it was on the way home, but I'm sure I was pretty stinky despite wiping down and spritzing up in the car.
I found this Dr. Oz smoothie on blenderbabes.com and it was pretty good.
- 1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of allspice
- 2 tbsp almond or cashew butter
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 heaping tbsp plant-based protein powder (ideally vanilla flavor)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 cup Ice
- Place all the ingredients into the jar in the order listed
- With a Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button
- With a Vitamix: Start on variable speed # 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10, then flip to high. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
The only thing I did differently was I used So delicious vanilla coconut milk, which had 70 calories per cup, because that is what I had in the fridge.
I forgot I took a picture of the yummy avocado snack I ate yesterday. Can't wait to eat it again today. First, I have to figure out what is for lunch!
Looking for more great snack ideas! Tell me yours!