Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Working on that side view



That doctor appointment last week was a kick in my (fat) ass. I don't think I have ever been this determined before, so that is a good thing. I'm also really fortunate that I am only working a few hours a week and can spend time at the gym. The only bad thing is all I think about is what am I having for a snack, what is for lunch, what is for dinner. Not because I am terribly hungry, but because I want to make sure I have good choices. I know if I get to the point of starving, I am all over that chocolate peanut butter. I have some more quinoa cakes, some roasted cauliflower/chickpeas and some yogurt always handy now. Oh yum.

Tuesday is my small group training and I'm having a hard time raising my arms now. Everything was 3 sets of 15 reps, with heavy, heavy weights. It was the longest hour. Normally, I would leave at the end of my class, but after, I spent 20 minutes on the boring elliptical. Now that felt like twenty years. I have some new songs on my iPhone, so that helped pass the time. The only magazines were golf. 

My lunch was a yummy crispy baked salmon recipe, that I found on Iowagirleats.com. It was easy and I had all of the ingredients on hand. I was lazy and cooked it in my toaster oven, and ending up burning the top a little. I definitely recommend that recipe, but use an oven. Dinner is a PF Chang knockoff, from CD kitchens: Chicken in lettuce wraps. Day 4- check!

Anyway, I wore my old define, because it snowed this morning. Of course, my groove pants, and a no-limits tank I got on WMTM last year. I checked my receipt and everything I bought over the weekend count as holiday purchases and don't have to be returned in the ridiculous two week window. Yippee. 









By the way, did anyone see Bryan Cranston on How I Met Your Mother last night? Do you think they said give us a few Heisenberg moments? He looks so different with hair and no goatee. I haven't really been watching lately, but did turn in especially for him. He has the best voice! Can you tell I am in Breaking Bad withdrawal?

No comments:

Post a Comment