Saturday, November 23, 2013

Spin class instead of tabata

I am still having some knee pain (taking step was a stupid idea) so I'm going to go to spin class where the pain in my butt (since I haven't been to this class in so long, I know this will hurt today. Isn't it funny how that pain goes away though?) should distract me from the pain in my knee. I do like spin class, but for me, it can get a little repetitive and so much depends on the music selections and the instructors. (That is why I love kick and tabata and step- you move your whole body!).  Bad music and I might as well be riding my tricycle outside chasing butterflies. But good music makes me feel like I can go on forever. Well, at least until the end of the song. Since it is a no impact class and I need to allow for maximum sweating, I am wearing Lululemon groove crops and a no limits tank. By the way, am I the only one that sometimes struggles with this tank? I take it off just right and then somehow, in the wash, it gets all messed up and inside out and twisted and I can literally spend five minutes fixing it and trying to figure out how to get it on!

There is a woman in my class  (you know the type- the one who gets there very early to start and to get her special spot) who always end up taking off her tank and wears just a bra and skimpy shorts. Now you have to realize where I live. In the middle of suburbia! And, I'm sorry, I don't care how fit you are, and I don't care how proud of your body you are, I don't want to be behind you. Was that mean?

It has been two weeks since I got weighed and I definitely see a change in my waist. Is it enough? Hell no! More to go! Lunch is still the meal I struggle with, because if I don't eat enough, by three I am starving. The quinoa cakes have been a lifesaver, because they do fill me up! Must make more this weekend. I just made another few lunches of chunky monkey overnight oats (really needs just a few hours). And clementines are in my grocery store- the perfect little pick me up! I found a yummy looking sweet potato recipe that I might try today if I get the rest of the ingredients. I'll let you know how it goes. Now, can someone come over and cut up my brussel sprouts. I love them and have so many delicious ways to serve them, but preparing them is a pain in my...knee!

Oh, and after two nights now of having a cat on my head, I broke down and got the nespresso machine from ruelala.com. It won't be here for a little while, and can always be returned, but that afternoon cup of coffee that used to be optional is now crucial. Might as well make it taste out of this world.


No comments:

Post a Comment