Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Another quinoa recipe

I'm sorry, I have no idea where I picked up found this recipe (If it was you, let me know!)  I found it on my desk- a little scrap of paper- and I just can't remember (ugh! I'm blaming the memory loss on perimenopause).

Recipe:
1/2 c almond milk (I always use So Delicious Almond Plus- lots of protein!)
1/4 c quinoa
1/2 t vanilla
1/4 t cinnamon

Bring the above ingredients to a boil and then reduce to simmer, about 10-15 minutes.

Add 1/4 c raisins (you might have to soak in water for a while if these are hard) and 2 T almonds (whoops, totally forgot these). If it needs to be sweeter (mine did), add 1/2 T honey.

I think this is intended as a breakfast cereal, since it is hot, but it was a great pick me up just now, on a cold afternoon when it is already pitch black outside. Next time I might use dried cherries instead of raisins that I bought at Trader Joes a while ago.

I also found a avocado, spinach and kiwi smoothie recipe that I am going to try tomorrow. Fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted.

Did you break down and buy any Lululemon? I have seen some pictures of the Open your heart long sleeve and the neckline looks very open and the shirt looks very long. Being short, this could end up being a dress on me. I definitely want to try this on. I might cave on the Luon Power Y in micro macro stripe raspberry/raspberry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment