Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day

I know most of us usually treat Veteran's day as a day to get good deals or simply a day off from school (even though I have to go to work), but I think it is necessary to take a moment or two out of our busy life and think about what today is really about. I'm so glad that so many stores have deals for veteran's (I think Starbucks will give them a free coffee, as an example) and hope they can continue some of these deals throughout the year and not just today. My father is a veteran from Vietnam and it has taken him 40 years to open up to some of the things that he saw there, and he still won't get on an airplane. I can't imagine the what these men and women in our service have gone through and I thank you!

What I really can't wrap my head around is the possible death toll and devastation from Typhoon Haiyan. Comparing Essie nail polish to Chanel nail polish seems so frivolous and as my daughter would say, "white people problems."

I'm off to work this morning and then yoga tonight. I've got my lunch packed (grilled pears with apple chicken sausage) and my snacks (yogurt, banana). Something about being at work makes me absolutely famished, so I have a giant water bottle. I can get my workout running back and forth to the bathroom.  I've got a new salmon recipe to try later, so I'll try to get a review posted for tonite.

Oh, what do I wear to work? Lululemon studio pants, my gap v neck tee shirt that I wrote about yesterday, and a Lululemon hoodie that I can take on and off. Most comfortable outfit ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment