Saturday, November 23, 2013

Roast, roast baby!

Sorry about the lame title! Now is that song stuck in your head? The one I won't name because then it will certainly be an ear worm.

I'm recovering from my spin class. Yes, my butt hurt and the instructor was very late (not her fault), but that meant an additional 10 minutes on the bike. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. My knee hurt also, so that didn't make me happy. I haven't been to cycle in a few months, and I could definitely see a difference with my watts and calories burned. I did remember what I don't like and what I have never been good at: run. I just don't get how some people can pedal while standing up that fast. I much rather have a high resistance and low cadence. Anything over 100 is torture for me. I am going to wait to see how I feel tomorrow morning, but I would love to go to Power and then Kick again. That is the plan. I like having a plan. I like writing it down here, so then it sticks.

While I relax a little and ice my knee, I did my nails. I went very dark today. I used an old, old Dior color, called Lalaque. It was part of a trio and it definitely looks purple in the bottle, not so much on my nails. You have to have the light oh so perfect. Most of the time, it looks black.

I hate to admit it, but I am not a salad person. Unless we are talking Factory Salad from Cheesecake Factory, and then I am all in. But, I struggle to eat my vegetables ( I sound like I am about 4 years old). I know how important they are to a healthy diet, so as part of this whole plan to eat clean, I have made an effort to include them. My favorite way to do this is just roast them. It couldn't be easier and they couldn't be tastier. It doesn't matter what the vegetable is. Today, broccoli was on sale and of course sweet potatoes. So, I threw some broccoli on a tray, drizzled it with olive oil and sea salt, and yum.

The other recipe I cooked was from Kalyn's kitchen and it is called Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Red Onions and Feta. It is so good. I only had one red onion and I wish I had more. You can see where I tried it plain and then tried it with feta. The cheese is a really nice addition and not something I would normally think to do.

By the way, I use Reynolds Nonstick tinfoil (not the regular kind) on everything and it is amazing. My cookie sheets are very old and I was tired of them never getting clean.  Now they are disgusting, but I don't care, because no food touches them and cleanup is super easy. 

After some time on the sofa, I'm off to Bed Bath and Beyond and Target. How crazy are those stores going to be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment