Saturday, November 9, 2013

I have such a good recipe to share!

Oh my. This is a winner!

Roasted Cauliflower, chickpeas and mustard dressing

I found it on this website :

http://thesimpleveganista.blogspot.com/2013/08/roasted-cauliflower-chickpeas-mustard.html. When I have time, I definitely have to look at other recipes on this site.  But, I guess the original goes somehow back to Gwyneth Paltrow's (yuk) cookbook "It's All  Good."

Anyway, it was very easy to prepare. I love roasted cauliflower and I love roasted chickpeas, but I have never had them together. And the mustard vinaigrette was delicious (I doubled it) and can imagine serving it with many different vegetables (roasted broccoli and also salad). I even had leftover quinoa because this morning I cooked up a batch of quinoa cakes to have on hand for afternoon snacks. (The pepper in that recipe really adds a lot of flavor and is a must.) Anyway, I cooked it earlier in the day and have been eating it all afternoon. By the way, when did cauliflower get so expensive? Holy moly. I was at my cheap grocery store and it was $3.99 for a small head! But the honey crisp apples were cheap, so I guess it all balances out in the end.

I did tabata this morning and it had been a few weeks since I made it to class because of my sore knee. Wow, after 6 tabatas I was ready to leave, but there were two more to go, and I just kept telling myself that. I was behind a woman who never slowed down. Star jumps? No problem. Box jumps? Give her more. It was motivating in a I hate you kind of way!

I had a quick shower and then a massage (yeah Groupon). It was one of the best massages I have had in a long time...although I probably have one massage a year, so I don't know what that really means. Apparently, I have a ridiculous knot in my shoulder. Good thing I bought a package of three because I'm going back next week. Honestly, I do really feel that my shoulders are about two inches lower. The woman had the strongest hands and I could just feel her getting into those muscles. Heaven. I was so relaxed after, I came home and took a nap. One of the downsides of going back to work as teacher, even as a sub, is all those germs. I felt a little like I was getting sick so I climbed under my electric blanket and shut my eyes for a half hour. I think that was better than chicken soup (although I have it in my freezer just in case) and vitamin C.

A truly decadent, lazy day. Except for the tabata part!

No comments:

Post a Comment