Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday: Barre, lots of coffee or maybe a caffeine pill?

I just read about the Biggest Loser and that Jillian Michaels gave her team caffeine pills. Frankly, I rather drink the hot coffee (I've cut down on the amount of sugar/cream that I put in), but that begs the question: is that something we all should consider in our weightloss journey? I do know that caffeine is in my Gu chomps. Did she give more than what is in some of those? I also know that studies have shown that caffeine can enhance performance and make the workout effort seem easier. So, did she give them caffeine only to push her team when they exercise or did she think it would also help burn calories as a stimulant? Everyone is looking for a quick fix, because let us be honest here, losing weight is hard work and to do it correctly, it takes a long time. I think the Biggest Loser producers were correct to penalize her team since it was against the rules and now everyone is talking about it and thinking about it (although IMO it should really be just Jillian who is penalized but I guess they can't do that. No one on her team is going to say no to her when she starts that yelling in your face business. I really don't like her, but a lot of people respond to that, I guess. Bob is my guy. And so is Dolvett.) Just so you know, I write this while I drink my coffee! Today is definitely a two-cup day. Lately, I have been waking up to go to the bathroom and just can't get back to sleep. 

I'm still sore from my Tuesday workout, but I went to Barre anyway. Those pathetic 3 lb weights felt  like 30 lb. Then I did 15 minutes on step mill, which is the hardest machine in the gym. That was all I could handle and I was huffing and puffing. Then I did 15 on the elliptical, which was easy by comparison. I know I have to go in to work tomorrow, so no exercise. I could use a rest day. since I think my whole body is sore and tired. In fact, the idea of taking a shower seems daunting!

I wore my Lululemon first base tank, energy bra and wunder unders. I am definitely going to order the gather and grown in full on Luon. I feel so hippy in these crops, but I love them anyway. 


No comments:

Post a Comment