Saturday, October 26, 2013

I know what to dip the cheesy quinoa bites into!

I actually started to reach for ranch dip, which would have been great, but I saw the laughing cow light swiss cheese in the fridge and spread it over the bites. It was really good! Clearly, I am not a food photographer by any means. Especially since you see an oval, not perfectly round, quinoa bite with a bite taken out of it! I'm just happy I thought to take a picture. Next time I make the recipe, I think I will make the cheese more like a full cup.

Another recipe that I made yesterday was No-Bake Energy Bites. Do you see a theme here? The only thing that I didn't do was make them into little bites. The big, chunky mess is in a bowl in my fridge and I am just eating a spoonful at a time. See, I saved a step there. I'm sure I got this recipe on Pinterest, and I think I even shared it here at some point. There are a lot of versions of this recipe, but this one tastes like dessert to me! One reason I don't make it too often is because it is very good and I tend to eat a lot of it. 

1 cup Oatmeal (not steel cut)
1 cup shredded coconut (mine is sweetened)
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c  ground flaxseed
1/3 c honey
1 t vanilla
I added a scoop of protein powder. I think this could actually have been increased as I didn't taste it at all. 

One thing to note was that it was hard to get it all mixed in. You definitely want to use a wooden spoon here. Chill in fridge for half an hour. Then you can roll into balls or be lazy like me and eat it right out of the bowl. 

Yesterday I took a trip to the Loft (Ann Taylor) and they were having such an amazing sale. I haven't been in there in years, even though there is one not five minutes from my house. I walked out with a sleeveless blouse, a great sweater and a fun necklace. Oops.  I could use some clothes that aren't Lululemon  and are not a basic black vneck tee shirt and I think I will head over to the mall today. I'm still looking for new sneakers, too. I didn't get to the gym. My daughter took her drivers test at 7 am! One more thing to worry about now! I can get my workout lugging shopping bags around!

No comments:

Post a Comment