Friday, October 25, 2013

I have been very hungry in the afternoons lately

And I have been grabbing what is easy and fast, not necessarily what is good for me. Plus, I feel like I eat the same things ALL THE TIME. I had some time while I wait for another repairman to come to my house and I don't know what came over me, but I made cheesy quinoa cakes. I had most of the ingredients on hand and found a few good recipes on Pinterest. I combined them to make my version.  I made the quinoa before I got in the shower, so it could cool enough to handle. They are pretty good, but I'm not sure what to dip them into. They definitely need something....Anyway, here is my version of the recipe:


Mix together:

2 c cooked quinoa
heaping 2/3 c shredded cheese (I used a combo of sharp cheddar and 3 cheese mexican)
3 T flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
salt and pepper

Add in:
1/2 c of Panko ( I think I could have used more, but these turned out fine. The mixture should be sticky. In fact, these totally stuck to my hands.)

Allow to sit for 5 minutes.

Heat olive oil in sauté pan and form into cakes and cook about 4 minutes per side.

Voila. Do you have your own version of this recipe? What do you use to flavor it up? I might dip it into my favorite Trader Joe's peach salsa, but I can also see a little garlic hummus or something else.




Yoga was very fun today. We did a lot of hip flexor stretches and openers, which I need so much. I like when we add in some different poses, because dare I say it, sometimes Sun Saluations over and over again get a little tedious. That was probably a bad yoga thing to say. Oh well. Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment