Saturday, December 21, 2013

Trying jeans on is like trying bras on

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I found a pair of skinny jeans that I absolutely loved. I tried them on at Neiman Marcus (needless markup) and immediately came home and bought them online at Piperlime in a different color. The jeans are AG Prima mid-rise cigarette. They have a little stretch and a high enough rise that I don't feel like everything is hanging out. I bought them in black and a dark denim. Love! So, then I thought to myself, that this pair fits so well, I should try on other jeans by AG. I even went on the website and looked for other high rise or mid rise jeans and I think I tried on probably 10 different pairs. Guess what. Not one pair fit as well. I can't believe you didn't hear me laughing from wherever you are. Some I couldn't even get over my thighs. Some I couldn't even button. Some fit okay, but not great. I think I had my own workout just trying these jeans on. My credit card also got a huge workout. Buy, return, buy, return, return, return.

By the way, revolvecothing.com is amazing. They ship quickly and issue returns very quickly . Piperlime also ships quickly and they have different selections. They both have free shipping and free returns. I also ordered from ruelala.com and hautelook.com because they both had AG jeans boutiques.

Of course, my legs are not long like this picture, so there is some gathering at the bottom. And I don't wear these with heels (I did wear them with my new Rag and Bone Harrow booties though).


When I was in Nordstrom rack to return my AG jeans (my Hautelook.com order), I think I tried on a zillion Joe's jeans, and nothing fit right either. Same story, some too tight, some too low, some not going up over my thighs. And then last week I got an email from Piperlime that everything was 40% off and  that was just too good to ignore. I went and ordered a pair of high rise flare Joe's jeans. This is a brand that I used to wear and I don't know why I stopped, because these are amazing! I think they might stretch out a little too much after they are worn, but that is okay. I had to go up a size in this pair, but I might have been able to stay at my regular size, since these seem to have a lot of stretch.


So the moral of this story is, once you find a pair of jeans that fit, go buy them in every color!  And, you might have to size up because different jeans, even though they were made by the same line, are cut so differently.  I had to be flexible with my sizing, which is very hard for me! I also had a difficult time because so many jeans are low rise, and I am too old and too curvy to wear that anymore. Plus, I really don't want to look like my daughter! My mom, who is in her 70s, wears Not Your Daughter's Jeans, so that brand is out. It is hard to find a good brand for someone who is in their late 40s! I think I am "in between." 


No comments:

Post a Comment