Monday, December 23, 2013

So, which is worse? Bras or denim?

I'm not even going to bring bathing suits into this discussion.

Ugh. Recently, I looked at my bra and was shocked. I can't even remember the last time I bought a bra and mine looked pretty ratty. How did this happen? No, I do not get dressed with my eyes closed. How many people are looking at my bra? Not the issue. My grandmother always said to wear clean underwear (I think her reasoning was in case you are in an accident) and that includes bras. Plus, proper undergarments really can make or break an outfit. I think Tim Gunn from Project Runway is always saying that.

So, I went to my favorite store (not Tj Maxx and not Lululemon), but Nordstrom. Not only do they measure you to make sure you are the right size, they will bring you a lot of bras to try on and they have a ton to choose from. There is nothing worse than finding a bra you might like but having to try a different size and that means getting dressed and then undressed and if you are like me, you can't remember where you found that bra. Nordstroms really made a pretty dreadful experience as positive as it could be. I walked out with two new bras. I stayed with the brand I have always worn, Natori, but just a different style. Oh happy day!

So, ladies, I ask you, when was the last time you replaced your bra? Is it time? Do you like to go to a store or do you order online? I have had a lot of success with BareNecessities.com. Every once in a while I can find good bras at TJ Maxx, but it has been a while since I have seen bras there that I like (they seem to carry a lot of Calvin Klein, Warners, Maidenform and Elle McPherson).

And here is some bra humor, thanks to, of course, Pinterest. You know it is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment