Monday, December 9, 2013

Hardest workout EVER!

Shoveling snow.

Even though we got less than two inches of snow, it has been raining all afternoon, so the snow is heavy and wet and heavy and heavy. Have I mentioned that it is very heavy? I'm so glad that I didn't go to spin class today because there is no way I could have taken that class and then shoveled the driveway. We do have someone come with a plow, but because it was just a little bit of snow, he didn't come. I can always get my car up and down, but you know, new driver in the family, so her side of the drive has to be down to pavement. I would suggest to everyone invest in salt or Home Depot, because I am going to bankrupt myself this winter, I can tell.

While waiting for Verizon to come, I did some cooking. I made potato skins and then saved the potato to make roasted garlic mashed potatoes. I'm sorry for the person next to me at the gym tomorrow, because I am going to be sweating garlic. It is so delicious. I also made all of the ingredients for a recipe I saw on Iowagirleats.com, where I have found a lot of good stuff. It is a roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, black beans and avocado quesadilla. Doesn't that sound amazing? It can all be prepared in advance, but it took a long time and a lot of dishes. And then I collapsed on the sofa.

I slept like I was unconscious last night. Finally. This whole not sleeping thing is definitely hormonal.   When my daughter came in this morning to ask me if she should drive to school, I thought it was the middle of the night!

I'll let you know how our dinner comes out! I'm so glad to have TV and internet again. It is so strange to not have it and I did't realize just how much we rely on it. What's the weather tomorrow? How do you cut up a butternut squash? How in the hell did the Patriots squeak out another win? So many questions. Thanks you Google!


No comments:

Post a Comment