Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Laissez le bon temps rouler

Well, New Orleans was certainly fun, but I wouldn't say dropping off my son to college was fun by any means. There were lots of crying parents there and I don't think they were all tears of joy.

Anyway, after eating amazing food (jambalaya, gumbo, fried bread and butter pickles, the list goes on...) for so many days, it feels good to be back home. I actually did a ton of walking - between the hotel and the French Quarter, up and down Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond, and on the campus - but there is nothing like sweating it out with some weights. I'm not sure why I bothered to bring exercise clothes, but I didn't take off my running shoes for 3 days straight.

My puppy was in a kennel for 4 1/2 days and came out a monster. Today she is better, but yesterday she was soooo wound up and frantic. She is better today and is a bit calmer, but she is still doing some jumping and even a little biting, which she hasn't done in a while. She cried in the crate the first night, and that hasn't happened since the first day we brought her home. Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do?? One step forward, two steps back. And thank goodness for bully sticks and yes I know what they are and no I don't care because it is one of the few things that she will sit and chew.

What did you think of last night's Lululemon upload? There were a ton of things I could have bought, but I held off to the 105 singlet and another pair of astro shorts. I would like to try on the Right as Rain jacket in person. Plus, it is a lot of money! I have a heavy North Face raincoat that gets a lot of use in our New England weather, so I hope this is a lighter one. Hard to tell from the pictures. I wanted the Power Y tank in regular luon, but I talked myself out of it. I love the skinny will pants in pique, but i have black and inkwell, so I didn't get that either. The CRB in plum is gorgeous, and I do like the striped ones, but I just bought the soot and red, so I can't justify that either. I have two old scoop neck tanks, old enough to be made in the good luon, and that really tempted me too, but I just bought all those track and train tanks. I might feel differently when I actually see them in the store. That work it out duffle also looks tempting. You know me and bags, right? I just got my Fedex delivery of the Dance Studio Jacket and I quickly put it on. But, that is why there is vanilla, and every body is different. I'm not sure I know what the hype is about and I think the jacket seems very small- both arms and torso.  I'll try it tomorrow with actual exercise clothes and not my "hang around the house with the puppy" clothes. I'll let you know then! What did you buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment