Thursday, July 4, 2013

Cheat Day! Happy 4th!

I have been doing very well eating clean for the last few days, and today, being a holiday, is my cheat day. Well, actually just a cheat meal. Since I know dinner is going to be out, the rest of my day eating is going to be super clean. Oatmeal, chia seeds, chocolate peanut butter for breakfast, cottage cheese and fruit for lunch, a snack here and there. And, lots of coffee, since this puppy is cutting in to my sleep habits. But on the reverse, I don't think I have sat down more than five minutes since we got her. I even got a good, trashy book last week and I am only 10 pages into it.

Yesterday I ran 3 miles at the gym and only stopped twice- once to get a fan and once to catch my breath. I was running next to an older gentleman who was just flying. It was very inspiring and I was a bit disgusted that I was running so slowly and still huffing and puffing. But, I finished. I felt great for the first mile, hated the second mile, and loved the last bit.  Knowing there was an end in sight, I was able to pick up my pace. I tried to keep my mantras going and I think that helped a bit. I was also a little more rested as I had napped before going to the gym. My original goal to run 5 and 3 miles a week might become 3 and 3 miles a week until the weather breaks and I can be outside. The thing about goals is it is very important to have them, but also to keep in mind when and if they need to be changed. I think my goal of 5 and 3 will be something I strive for in the fall, unless it suddenly gets colder out.

Tomorrow I am hoping to do a group power class. I really like them and I find the shoulder workouts to be killer. I might just have to go no matter how tired I am. I admit, I like someone yelling at me and cheering me on. I am pretty good at yelling at myself but can also start thinking of all the things I need to do at home and next thing I know, I am at home!

I saw at my gym someone wearing the purple Lululemon ta ta topper that I have. Now there are two people at my gym with the same top. Too bad the two week return policy is over. I really want the polkadot energy bra. I ordered the soot cool racerback. It takes sooooo long to get it by mail. Yes, I love the free shipping, but one week? Come on, you could walk it over to me in that time.

Have a great 4th! I can't help but think of Will Smith and Harry Connick jr in Independence Day. Love that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment