Monday, July 22, 2013

At home workout and best lunch ever!



I didn't make it to the gym but certainly burned some calories (and sweat gallons) by scrubbing my front steps with bleach and soap to get rid of two year's worth of mildew. I have often read in magazines and online how certain household chores could be counted as physical activity, and wondered because I can't image how could weeding could get your heart rate up like tabata? But, this chore did, and it involved many trips to the rain barrel to fill up watering cans to wash away grime. And then I got a work out by stepping on towels and kindof using my legs to dry the water and wipe off the dirt. Not very exciting, but it needed to be done and I missed the morning classes anyway. I went to group power yesterday (and got a compliment on my black and white fast track tank- oops forgot to take a picture) and my hip flexor felt fine. I was nice and sore in my glutes this morning and I know I worked my biceps. I think the weight was a little to heavy, but I want nice biceps!! Today, my leg is acting up again, so it was a good morning to do chores. 

I didn't know what to have for lunch and then a lightbulb went off in my head: TUNA MELT. Is there anything better? My tuna melt is the adult version and it goes like this:  Take tuna (make sure cats don't freak out) and put in a food processor (I have a mini one) with just a tablespoon of mayo and grind away. This makes the tuna nice and creamy. I add some sandwich peppers, avocado, and shredded cheese. I put mine on a piece of Ezekial bread, and voila. And, I have enough to do it again tomorrow. Now, what to have for dinner? Hmmmm.





Clearly I need to work on my photography skills, and I probably need a sous chef as well. Definitely a dishwasher!





No comments:

Post a Comment