Saturday, February 8, 2014

"with intent" I skipped tabata

What is it they say? 

"The best laid schemes of mice and men / Often go awry"




After three days of not working out (at a gym, I mean), I was excited to go to tabata today. But, I woke up with a pounding headache and immediately knew that tabata would be a very bad idea. Sometimes, exercise is the best remedy for me and sometimes I know exercising will turn my headache into a migraine. So I did the next best thing! I had two tylenol, a cup of joe, and went back to sleep for a little while. While my headache is not entirely gone, it is certainly better. I need to take it easy today. If you have never had a migraine, then you are very fortunate. I know most people think, oh headache, no big deal, but let me tell you, a migraine can be devastating, and I will do anything necessary to avoid getting one. I know there are a lot of women out there nodding their heads amen. Also, what is so unfair is that a lot of women get migraines around their period. As if getting your period wasn't enough torture. Yeesh. 

I think I know what brought this all on. I spent hours last night doing the FAFSA form. If you are not familiar with this, it is the application to get financial aid. Last year I was able to use my tax return and it was pretty easy, relatively speaking. This year, with changes to my employment, I had to do a lot of figuring out on my own to come up with reasonable estimates. This is not something I am good out. I think I was a vision with tax forms all spread out before me and a calculator and last years return in a million pieces. Figuring out tax terminology makes me crazy. After almost two hours, I hit send. I've got my fingers crossed. 

I have more makeup to talk about! I am certainly on a makeup binge. Maybe it is the winter blues or maybe I just look so awful every day that I need to get better/new makeup. Regardless, I was back at Nordstrom and ended up getting a quick makeover. I just cannot pick colors for me, I end up with the same old, same old, so there is nothing I like more than to sit down and let someone who knows what they are doing do it for me! I ended up buying armani eyes to kill intense silk eye shadow in 6 and 9. These are the photos, but the colors seem quite different from what is in the actual pots. 

While they were quite expensive, I think I will be buried with these pots because they will last forever. They go on with a finger and are not quite cream and not quite powder. You can then mix it with a brush once it is on. So far, it has stayed on me very well, and that is always an issue for me. 

I hesitate to even think about what my exercise plans are for tomorrow. I don't want to jinx myself, so stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment