Friday, February 14, 2014

Damn you three way mirror

After doing nothing all day yesterday except watch snow fall and listen for plows, I had a lot of energy today to make up for it!

My morning started at 5:30 with a call that there was a two hour school delay. Luckily, I fell back to sleep or I wouldn't have a whole lot to write about today. It would be whine, whine, whine. Group Power was a lot of fun. Really! Except for the legs track. My knee doesn't love those side lunges, and I miss the crouch. Can you tell I got a little stir crazy yesterday? There is only so much Flip or Flop on HGTV that I can watch! After, I went upstairs to the treadmill and ran ONE mile. It was a very long mile, mind you. And a very slow mile. I think I put on a lot of this weight when I stopped running so I am toying with the idea of getting back into it. I just wanted to test out the waters.... or really test out my knee.... and see how I feel after. So far so good.

I came home, made a quick banana bread protein pancake (really loving this and I am finding it keeps me nice and full) and got in the car to head to Nordstrom. I ordered a pair of Nike Luna flyknit sneakers that just didn't work for me. (I can't wait to try my new Nikes on tomorrow at tabata. I've got my fingers crossed.) Anyway, Nordstrom is the best. No questions asked, just as easy return.

Next I headed to Lululemon and I didn't take any pics, but this is what was up.

The new scubas were not there and I was bummed. I'm not even talking about the ones with the misprint. I guess they have to sell out the old ones first.

I tried on the Mountain tank and I know now that vitasea does not work for me. Maybe it does and I shouldn't look in those three way mirrors to see back fat. It is so soft and lovely, and I really wanted this to work. But, in order for me to get enough fabric to cover my chest, it got really long and didn't quite lay right. Oh well. I'm sure it looks great on a lot of people. Skinny, tall people. The bane of my existence.

Every yogi tee. Again, same issues as above. Love the fabric, don't love the way it looks on me.

Forthright 1/2 zip. Absolutely love. This is a hit out of the park for me. I tried on the grey which was okay, and I thought the bali breeze was a little busy. I am going to order the black online when I am done this post. I know the elastic hem is a turnoff for a lot of people, but I thought it gave it a little different look.  I hope it comes in more colors! Camo- oh my that would be amazing.

I thought the heathered grey in the gather and grow crop was great to feel, but I know the way and where I sweat, so this was an easy pass for me.

That was it. I'm having my afternoon cup of coffee and I am going to check out some of the Olympics. Have you been watching? Some of it is very boring- except for all those guys from norway in their tights doing speed skating. How come all of the favorites are failing so badly? Those freestyle slope skiers are insane. Have a happy Valentine's Day! My daughter surprised me with flowers. Such a sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment