Saturday, February 1, 2014

I found a kale recipe!

Oh my! It is delicious. It is from the Pioneerwoman.com and it is a kale and butternut squash quesadilla.  This is the link:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/01/butternut-squash-kale-quesadillas/

There is also a great demonstration on how to cut up butternut squash and if you have a super strong knife, it is very easy to do! No more buying the cut up ones at the store for a small fortune. (Must buy shoes instead!) I used baby kale, which I think made it a step easier, since I didn't have to trim up any of the kale. I also had a bag of Sargento shredded cheese mixture that had monterey jack cheese in it, so I didn't use freshly grated cheese. My bad. The last thing that I did differently was I didn't lightly brown the tortillas. I think this would have made this dish outstanding, but instead, I just layered it all on a tortilla and stuck it in the microwave to melt.

So there you have it! Kale haters, this one is for you!

She has some wonderful recipes if you have time to browse. One of our Thanksgiving desserts is from her and has been part of our dinner tradition for quite a few years now. In fact, my kids beg for it throughout the year. Apple dumplings. Ooh, my mouth waters just thinking about it.

Off to spin. I hope my legs work. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment