Friday, May 31, 2013

Lululemon Turbo shorts and run swiftly racerback and running when you are tired


I did something I never do, and I think it is because of the title of this blog. I got up early to run. Normally, today is my day off and I run 5 miles. I really don't like running. For me it is very difficult. I have slowly but surely built up my stamina and strength to get to this point and I so admire those people who run fast and make it look so effortless. Someday that could be me. Today at work, they were short staffed, so I said I would come in and help out. I shocked my daughter when she saw that I was actually awake and functioning at 6:00 and then walked out the door I ran 3 miles. I think old ladies walking dogs passed me. Kindergarteners walking to the bus passed me. But I did it. And, actually, I wasn't too, too slow, because in the back of my mind, I knew I was on the clock and in order for everything to work, I had to push, push, push. 

Magazines and websites have so many articles on how to get yourself going when you just don't want to. This blog isn't going to tell you anything earth shattering, sorry, or something that you probably haven't heard before. I have a bunch of different things that work for me, and I will continue to share them. The first thing you have to decide is: are you really too tired? Does just walking up the stairs tire you out? Can't even lift that cup of coffee to your mouth? Are you really and truly too tired? I admit that there have been days that I have skipped a workout and gone back to bed. For me, that is the best way to treat myself. But, be honest and ask yourself can you go do your workout and maybe give it 80% (chances are once you get going, you will be giving it your all). Unless I have been up all night, and there are nights that insomnia gets the best of me, then I go work out.

Today, though, I just had to remind myself of how hard it has been to get to this point. I know that if I skip a run, it is a slippery slope and I NEVER want to have to go through all that training again. For me, that is enough motivation. I also know that I will feel much better- both and mentally-once I am done. I have other tricks that I will continue to detail, but today, that is what worked for me.

Now, onto this outfit. First of all, after looking at these pictures and my profile in the mirror, I am so glad that I did run. That is motivation enough. These are my Lululemon turbo shorts from last year. I have three pairs of them and will be listing them on ebay. I love them, but the crotch is so annoying. Even just standing in front of the mirror, they creep up on me. I have two pairs of Lululemon shorts from about 4 years ago and unfortunately don't know the name, and they are pretty good. Not great, though. I have tried every Lululemon pair of shorts and I think I need to go exploring other brands. I do love the swiftly tanks and v necks, but the material is pretty unforgiving and shows every bulge and bump. It is super light weight though and good enough for where cars are going 30 mph and can't really notice (I hope). My bra is the 50 rep bra, from a few years ago, and one of my all time favorites. Every upload I would hold my breath...and then cry. But now I really love the Energy bra. Lululemon has to stop making it in such fabulous colors. Just enough smush, style and not too much armpit fat.







See? Isn't that annoying? If only there was a gap between my legs. Does Lululemon sell that?



And there are my awesome Asics Gel Noosa sneakers and Thorlo socks and pale legs. 

BTW, I felt great at work, having done so much before I even got there, but sitting in little 4 and 5 year old chairs was killer! 






No comments:

Post a Comment