Thursday, May 30, 2013

So I have told you about my favorite running shoes (Asics gel noosa tri 7- what a mouthful) and today it is time to talk about my favorite socks.  Once we get to know each other better, we can talk underwear, but not today! Many, many years ago, for some reason, I ended up with a pair of Thor-lo socks. I don't know when or how it even happened, but that is when my love affair began. I like my socks nice and thick and these are so cushy. And there is extra padding where a runner or walker might need it. Gimmick or not, I love these socks.  A few years ago, while shopping in Marshalls (love), there were my socks! It said out of season or irregular or something like that on the tag, but I couldn't find anything. I didn't care and bought about 10 pairs. Since that time, I always checked Marshalls and TJMaxx for them whenever I was in one, and I never saw them again. Well my socks were slowly turning gray and I knew deep in my heart, somewhere in the near future, it would be time to replace them. (After getting such a deal on them, it never dawned on me to pay full price for these socks - something like $10!) Lo and behold, about a month ago in a Marshalls near me, there was a whole rack of the socks.

Thor-lo, where have you been the last few years? The sales lady probably thought I was slightly nutty when I bought about 10 pairs. Apparently she doesn't know how nutty I am, because I then drove to two different Marshalls and TJMaxx and bought even more. I have a whole supply in my closet just waiting for me. Who knew socks could make me so happy. Even better, socks half price!! Does anyone else stalk Marshalls? Love socks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment